Pages

Monday 3 October 2011

Jewellery

The following images were taken for my jewelery class, we were suppose to design a set of three swizzle sticks. These are my final designs or three variances, there were imperfections in the manufacturing phase of my designs however overall I was reasonably happy.

Painting them would not have been my first option however, time got away and this was the method that I used.

Inspiration for my designs were achieved by setting up a restaurant scene and selecting different elements from this scene as a basis for designing my swizzle stick. During the design process I had developed three designs which I was really pleased with until I modeled them using mixed media. I did not like them, or felt they did not meet certain criteria for my restaurant scenario. Back to the drawing board and these were the result.

In my restaurant scene a single red rose was an important feature of a romantic dinner with someone special and although the structure of my design mimics this rose in so many ways this was not my initial focus or intent. Yet, the influences in all my preliminary designs headed in this direction and was evident in a number of design drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment