Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Return to Zork

Return to Zork from memory, was the first 3d adventure and I think the eighth episode or adventure in this saga. The previous games were early text adventures. I remember playing this game several months after the release of the 3rd person shooter Doom.


I recall buying this game along with a version of Mech Warrior, I don't recall the details of this one but anyway this game was quite hard and long. If there were clues or some small detail that you missed, it was hard to progress in certain parts of this game. I recall that at the time of buying this game it was about 100 megs in size. This was a big game when you consider that a Pentium 100 with a hard-drive of 1.2 gig, 8 meg of ram was state of the art at that time. It was a number of years later when I completed this game and it was only by downloading the cheats from off the net.
1,2 gig hard-drive is not very big when you were playing a lot of games. The Return to Zork disk also had the previous text versions but did not like them the graphical user interface was more user friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment